Thursday 25 September 2014

HOW TO - From No Brow to High Brow!


The first in my latest 'How To' posts is one of my most requested tutorials- brows! Having groomed brows adds a veil of sophistication and are a prominent main feature of the face in high fashion reflected by the present day poster girls such as Cara Delevingne, Barbara Palvin, Suki Waterhouse etc. Brows also help to frame your face and bring more attention to your eyes and create the illusion of bringing out your natural contours of your nose and cheekbones.


I first brush my brows in shape using this Topshop Brow Brush.


I find it easier using the bristle side to control them as I have thicker brows.


I use Benefit's Brow Zings in the shade 'Light' which is retailed at £24.50 but you can purchase the Sleek Brow Kit which is a dupe for this one for £8.49 if you're on a budget although the Benefit one is better quality and I've been using it for years as it lasts all day and night and the colour works well for me.


I recently purchased the MAC 266 brush (£16.50) and it has changed my brows for the better! This feathery light brush adds natural strokes to the brows and allows you complete control to create soft curves and sharp angles an investment which is worth it for every brow enthusiast!


I take light strokes in the wax with my brush (I only use the wax part for a more natural look as powder doesn't well with my brows).


I always start by creating the under curve line then fill the brow with diagonal strokes that follow the direction of the hairs.


I then add vertical soft strokes at the front of the brows, do these strokes lightly with not too much product on the brush to add a gradient effect which looks most natural.


I then create the end curve following my brow shape and filling in sparse areas, I like to create a long sharp finishing line at the end of the brow as it looks more polished and compliments the cheekbones.


Now repeat to the other brow and remember your brows don't need to be identical they are meant to be sisters not twins!




Now you wouldn't want all your hard work to go to waste and have your brows loose shape and go wild midday so set them in place with a clear brow gel I'm using the Natural Collection Clear Mascara (£1.99) to shape and hold them in place. Another trick is you can spray some hairspray on one of your fingers then dab it on your brows to really hold them in place this won't harm your brows as long as your use a good make up remover daily to remove the product after.




Now you've got brows to wow!
What brow products do you swear by?
Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment