Thursday 7 August 2014

What's Inside My Make Up Bag? Summer 2014 Edition

I thought I'd share with you what I've been keeping in my summer make up bag this year as I know that I love to see what products people can't live without and I had a big sort through my make up bag as it was overflowing with products that I just kept leaving in and not using so I now present to you my make up bag essentials!



The Base Products





During summer I opt for a tinted moisturiser instead of a foundation as I prefer to keep my base light then use a heavier coverage concealer the Collection one is my favourite and to brighten my under eyes and high points of my face I use the Lumi Magique to illuminate the face. If I'm ever wanting my make up to last all day and through to the night I use a primer to hold my make up look and prevent any excess oil.


Power Brows

Benefit Brow Zings RRP £24.50

Benefit Gimme Brow RRP £17.50

To get my signature strong brows I use my swear-by products by Benefit I only use the wax part and use the sharp angled brush to apply it I've found that the wax works better for my brows than powder and to set them I use the brow mascara although I use it on its own for lazy days.



Eyeshadows

Mac Pro Palette Pans start at £10



I've been constantly reaching for the shadows in my Mac palette this summer especially 'All That Glitters' and 'Nylon' for a pretty natural eye look but the other two shadows I've kept handy are a bronze cream base and soft pink translucent base to neutralise my eyelids.


Liner




I'm a huge fan of a cat eye but I like to have a selection of liners to create different looks for example a liquid liner for fast on the go everyday looks, gel liner if I have a bit longer to apply as this lasts longer and a soft kohl liner for the water line and to smudge.


Mascara


I've not really been enjoying this mascara I need to pick up a new one does anyone have any recommendations for mascaras I like a fibre brush and to achieve a feathered lash effect I was thinking of trying the Lancome Hypnose Mascara.



Powder Finishes




I love the glow finish of the mineralise powder and it photographs really well this also works well to mattify any oily patches, the laguna bronzer from Nars is perfect for adding a golden glow and to contour then I add a pink blush to the cheeks using one of the Sleek blushes.


Highlight

Benefit High Beam RRP £19.50

Benefit Eye Bright RRP £15.50

I've been really enjoying using a cream pink highlighter to add luminosity to my cheekbones, centre nose, cupids bow and chin this is really easy to blend in and adds a beautiful glow to the face I use the pencil to line my lower waterline and inner corners of the eyes.


Lip Care



I always have a couple lip balms in my make up bag to keep my lips hydrated and moisturised I use the Baby Lips as a light balm on mornings then the Rodial balm on nights to give a more intense moisture. 


Balms and Butters





I've been loving wearing lighter formula's of lip products such as butters and balms that add a sheer buildable colour these are my favourite ones to use and great summer colours to chose from.


Swatched from left to right


Lip Stains

Revlon Colour Stay Moisture Stain in 'London Posh', 'LA Exclusive' and 'Barcelona Nights' RRP £7.99

I've recently picked these up as they've just come over from America and love how glossy the formula is they stay for a lot longer than a regular gloss and love picking these colours for a night look.


Swatched from left to right.


Gloss



These are the only glosses that I've been reaching for in my make up bag I love to apply the pink gloss over my Clinique chubby stick for added shine and the coral gloss is great to wear on its own for a sheer touch of coral to your lips.


Swatched from left to right.


Lipsticks


MAC 'Costa Chic' RRP £15.50

MAC 'Lady Danger' RRP £15.50

These are the three lip colours that I've been constantly wearing all summer a bright coral pink, creamy coral and bright pillar box red for staple lip colours.


Swatched from left to right

What's your staple summer make up products?
Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment