Friday 1 August 2014

Drugstore Haul and Swatches



I'd done pretty well the past three months I'd only bought the minimum necessities of make up that I needed like concealer and eye liner but then it all went downhill when I wandered into Superdrug and saw all the new beauty products shining on display. All control vanished as my bank account started weeping in the distance but to be fair to myself these were products that I had been patiently waiting to come over from America, I'd been good to wait this long!

The next thing I knew I'd bought five lip products in the space of half an hour in different shades of pink... someone please stop me.





I've been wanting to take the plunge and get a Clinique Chubby Stick for about a year now so when I was browsing through the colours in Boots I decided to pick a pink shade as I would wear that one the most and I preferred this formula to the intense one. 'Curvy Candy' is lovely rose pink that gives the lips a stained natural look but noticeable enough to bring attention to your lips, a silky formula that moisturises the lips for hours and gorgeous packaging to match.




I wanted some elegant flats to wear for day and night for times when I couldn't face wearing heels for hours so when I saw these in New Look for £17.99 they matched the description perfectly I love the front lattice detailing and the pink nude with the delicate T-Bar. I find that these flats are perfect for cooler days when you want to dress up some jeans or replace your heels and nude goes with everything.






I saw a few bloggers post about Sleeks 'Pink Lemonade' Blush by 3 and loved the swatches of it so I picked it up for £9.99 as I love the quality of Sleek's blushes they have great pigmentation and last all day and come in gorgeous colours. My favourite Sleek blush is Rose Gold but I can definitely see these three blushes fast becoming my make up bag staple and I've always been intimidated by cream blushes but maybe this one can change my mind.



I love Tanya Burr's lip glosses they have amazing pigmentation, smell of strawberry laces and last for hours and I've had my eye on 'Picnic in the Park' for a while so when I saw Superdrug had re-stocked it I picked it up (retailed for £6.99). It's a beautiful coral pink that adds a cheerful pop of colour to your lips it looks great for added shine on top of my Clinique 'Curvy Candy' Chubby Stick.


Boots had an offer on the Garnier Micellar Water so I decided to try this as I'm running out of Bioderma and don't go back to London until September to buy some more but I don't like how this feels on my skin it doesn't feel as cleansing and purifying as the Bioderma.  



I was so excited when I saw Superdrug had an early stock of the new Revlon Colour Stay Moisture Stain I'd heard so many reviews of them from American beauty bloggers and was so excited to get my hands on them especially as there was an introductory offer of £2 off. The colours I picked up are 'London Posh', 'LA Exclusive' and 'Barcelona Nights' as these were the ones that stood out to my the most i hope they bring more colours out in them I love the formula and staying power and of course the chic packaging.


Above is London Posh which is a peachy nude although it doesn't show up on camera well there are gold flecks in it which create the most amazing sheen on the lips trust me this lip stain will stop traffic it compliments bronzed skin and neutral eyes perfectly.


LA Exclusive is a cotton candy pink that compliments fair skin really well it's a classic 'Barbie pink' with a high gloss sheen that stays for hours I love wearing this with a simple black cat eye and rosy cheeks.


Barcelona Nights is a sexy fuchsia pink with cool blue undertones this is a great statement lip for summer compliments all skin types and the high shine works really well with the bold colour I love choosing this for evening make up looks.

So that's my unexpected make up haul have you bought any new beauty products recently?
Let me know in the comments!

Instagram - @stephgreenwoodx
Twitter - @stephgreenwoodx

No comments:

Post a Comment