Tuesday 26 August 2014

Birmingham Haul

This is the first of three hauls that I've got to go up (I know I should be ashamed) but I see this as getting all my Fall clothes that I needed to go back to uni with I mean I couldn't exactly be wandering around in little summer dressers and sandals anyways I should probably stop with the excuses and get on with the haul...

if you've saw my last post you'll know I went to Birmingham to visit my friend Bekki and I done a little shopping while I was there I picked up some clothing, make up and things for my house.


First thing I picked up was this mug from Urban Oufitters for £9 which I thought would be great for my new house in September and of course this sums up how I'd like to be, take with a pinch of salt.



I found this cocktail shaker in Asda which I thought would be really handy for when I decide to be spontaneous and try to make cocktails this even has the measurements for different cocktails and a measuring shot glass it was only £2.



I'd been wanting to try a heavier coverage foundation and as I had broke out in lots of spots and we were going out on the night so I went to the MAC store and asked one of the make up artists to help see what shade I needed to get. We found that NC20 was the the best colour to match to my body and he explained that while NC10 would match my face colour it would be too pale against my body and he said that if I blended this on my face and down my neck it matched perfectly and gave some colour to my face. This is the MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation which is a medium to high coverage depending on how much you apply I've found I don't need to apply powder with this as it gives a natural look already. I've wore it twice since then and found it hides my spots really well and gives a healthy glow to my face I'd only use this foundation for nights out or days when I have lots of blemishes I want to cover.



I also picked out another pan for my palette I chose 'Print' which is a smoky grey and is soft and easily blended I needed to have a grey eye shadow as I gave my sister my Benefit Smokey Eyes Palette which had the grey I used for smokey eyes but I wasn't using anything else in the palette. I've been really enjoying experimenting with different grey smokey eyes I feel like it's such a classic look and you can add pinks to make it soft and feminine, or dark greens and browns for a sultry earthy look. I'll do a tutorial soon on my go-to smokey eye look as everyone asks me how to do a classic smokey eye and this is one make up trick that everyone should know.



 When we were just finished shopping I spotted the Chanel counter in the corner of my eye and found that I had some money left over to get a little treat so I almost ran over to sneakily purchase the Le Volume De Chanel mascara (£25) as I used this mascara last summer and loved it. This is my favourite mascara I have ever used and trust me I have tried a lot this gives you false lashes within two minutes and can create a subtle flirty wink with a stroke of the wand or dramatic show-stopping lashes I also love this packaging, sleek and monochrome.





Zara Fur Coat - £69.99

I had my eye on this jacket since I tried it on a few weeks ago and decided that it would be the perfect transitional coat to go to Fall with and it is so soft it's like having a hug and as I don't have a pet to give me furry cuddles this will have to do. (Don't worry guys it's faux fur in case you were about to throw paint at your screens)





I saw this trousers in River Island and absolutely loved the fabric it has this diamond print indented on it with this monochrome floral print over it I am normally never pick out anything floral but I love the more gothic approach with these and can't wait to wear them. I'm also in that rubbish in-between sizes stage where size 10 is a bit too big but the 8 is a bit too small hopefully I'll lose some weight so I can be a bit more of a proportionate size as from the waist up I'm an 8.




I saw this maxi dress and I have a similar one like this from Topshop but body con and racerback style and I've been wearing it quite a lot recently so I decided to get this one as the jersey is really good quality and I love how the knot feature hides my hips and most of my stomach. This is a great piece that never really goes out of style and can be worn for lazy days about the house or dressed up and for daytime it's always handy to have jersey pieces like this in as they work into so many different outfits.



I picked this up in Primark for £8 to go with my trousers I bought but I'm not sure if I'll end up using it I'm just not a bag person at all I'll usually just have one bag that I use for everything and keep that until it's falling apart and forced to buy a new one. 

Have you bought anything for Fall recently?

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment