Monday 4 August 2014

Alexa Chung Make Up Tutorial

Do it like Chung!


I'm a huge admirer of Alexa Chung she's the epitome of cool and I've been wearing a cat eye since I was 13 so I figured I'd recreate Alexa's classic eyeliner and pillar box red lips that signify her staple make up look.


The image on the left is from Alexa being papped walking to a ballet class so of course I tried to recreate it although I don't think I'll ever look as good as Chung!


Start off with a light, natural base I'm using Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturiser 


I blend this all over my face with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge as it works well with the moisturiser formula.


As I have used a light base I'm using a concealer that has good coverage such as this Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.


I put this under my eyes, around my nose and on blemishes and spot that need to be covered then blend it in with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.


All blended!


Alexa has natural brows they are groomed in place but aren't heavily accentuated so I'm using MAC's 'Omega' eye shadow as it's a light matte taupe.


I used a sharp angled brush to fill any sparse areas in.



I set my brows using the Benefit Gimme Brow by combing the brush through my brows.



Using the Nars Eyeshadow Primer I blended a small amount on my eyelids to hold the eyeshadow for longer.




Using MAC's 'Blanc Type' (the shadow in the top left image) I blended it all over the lid and up to the brow bone this is highly pigmented and great for neutralising the eyes.




Using MAC's 'Omega' shadow I blended it in the corners and crease of my eyes as Alexa's eyelids are defined but not too heavily so a light taupe colour is perfect for this.


I then used some of my Nars Laguna Bronzer in the corners to add some warmth to the eyes as if Alexa ever choses to wear eyeshadow she usually goes for warm tones.


Alexa's signature is her classic cat eye to get this I use Loreal's Super Liner in Perfect Slim and start from 1/3 out of the inner corner of the eyes then gradually build up the thickness towards the outer corner and create a subtle cat eye flick at the end.



Trust me it just takes lots of practice to get your cat eye right, if you're out of practice keep some cotton buds and make up remover water like Bioderma close.



I'm using Rimmels Kate Moss Mascara, Alexa accents her top and bottom lashes.



To brighten the face I'm using Loreals Lumi Magique concealer for under the eyes, chin and cupids bow then blending with my fingers. 



I dusted some of MAC's Mineralise Skin Finish Natural all over my face as this powder gives a golden glow to the face making it appear more youthful and bright.




To contour I'm using my Nars Laguna Bronzer, contouring my cheekbones heavily.


I'm using my new Sleek Pink Lemonade blush I'm using the middle blush as it's cream so it will give a more natural finish to it. I dabbed some of this on my finger then blended it on my cheeks to add a subtle hint of colour nothing too heavy or done up.



Alexa herself has said that her favourite red lipstick is MAC's Lady Danger as it's 'the perfect pillar box red' so I'm using this to create the classic Alexa look.







A silly face to end on of course!

I hope you liked my Alexa Chung Tutorial this is a really quick and easy make up look to do and i've been loving wearing MAC's Lady Danger this past week.

Which make up tutorial would you like me to create next?
Let me know in the comments!

Instagram - @stephgreenwoodx
Twitter - @stephgreenwoodx

1 comment: