Monday 25 August 2014

A Trip to Birmingham!

I visited my good friend Bekki in Birmingham for a few days as she lives there while she's studying Textiles at the University, she moved into her new house over summer so I was able to see her new home and have a look at what her life is like in the city. The trip started off with an unexpected coach drama but thankfully I managed to resolve it it quickly so that I was still able to get down and listened to lots of Ed Sheeran and Arctic Monkeys to get me through the journey. I'd never been to Birmingham before so I was excited to see what the city was like and found that it was like a smaller London in the case that it had everything it needed but more closer together so you needn't spend a lot of time travelling to get where you wanted to, it's a really vibrant city and we had lots of fun.

On the first day after I arrived we went back to her house and chilled, had some food and then started to get ready to go out to dinner we decided to wear our higher heels as we only had a little bit to walk (give me flats any day). 



Ready for our mate date!

I'm Wearing:

Green Pleated Dress - H&M 
Snakeskin Heeled Sandals - Topshop

I wore this dress as I was feeling adventurous with colour and the weather was getting quite chilly so picked this longer dress and wore a long black chiffon duster coat over it also we decided to splash out and have a three course meal so didn't want to wear skinny jeans, you should always have room for dessert!


We walked to the Mailbox as Bekki had picked out one of her favourite restaurants to go to called 'Red Peppers'  I had a look at the menu online and everything looked so good take a look and see what you think. 





This was a really beautiful view with lots of restaurants surrounding it.


(Shoe Appreciation Shot)

My nail polish is Essie's 'Bikini So Teeny' if you're wondering.


Cocktail O'Clock!

I got the Elderflower Cooler which had Gin, creme de cassis, elderflower cordial, mint and cucumber which is usually one of my favourite drinks but the cucumber completely spoilt the taste of the elderflower although Bekki ordered the Italian Colado which was delicious and had Bacardi, Amaretto, coconut cream and pineapple juice in it.



For starters I ordered the Grilled Halloumi Skewers which come with cous cous salad and a refreshing garlic dip, it was so good and a good size I don't like it when starters are too big so you're put off your main. Bekki ordered the Potato Skins with garlic dip and she said they were really good too!



For our main meal Bekki got the Coconut Chilli Chicken Pasta which she said tasted wonderful and I ordered the Chèvre pizza which had goats cheese, mozzarella and caramelised onion on it which is my favourite pizza at the moment.


Round 2!

Bekki got another Italian Colado as she loved her first one and I ordered the Cosmopolatian as that's what I normally go for and I wasn't impressed with my first cocktail this was much better and I simply adore pink drinks!



There is always time for desserts we ordered the chocolate brownie which had melted chocolate pieces in, drizzled with chocolate sauce and white chocolate ice cream desserts are always my favourite part of any meal, we then went back to Bekki's and watched Divergent while drooling over Theo James.


The next day we headed into the city centre for a day of shopping and as I had been saving up my wages I was about to do some damage (in a good way of course) but first we needed food to get some energy for the day.


We went to Bacchus which is one of Bekki's favourite restaurant and I can see why the interior is absolutely beautiful and the food was delicious too, I took a few sneaky photos inside so you could get the idea of the experience.



It was underground so when you went down the stairs this was the first thing to greet you on the way down a beautiful Ancient Greece mural.


Like I said I just love pink drinks clink clink!!


I ordered the veggie burger which came with handmade coleslaw with a sweet salad dressing normally I leave the salad but I ate this one because it just tasted so good and homemade chips to top it off this food was absolutely delicious and left me so full i couldn't even finish off the chips. 


A cheeky toilet selfie

I'm Wearing:

Black Cami - Oasis
Grey Pinstriped Trousers - Topshop (£10 in the sale!)
Black Duster Coat - ASOS
Nude Lattice Flats - New Look
Black Leather Doctors Bag - Urban Outfitters

I wanted to go for a comfortable outfit as we'd be walking around shopping all day so I opted for these trousers and flats and a light jacket as it wasn't that cold yet in England I refuse to wear my winter coat until at least October.

I'm going to do a separate post on the things I bought so look out for that...



Arms filled with bags we headed back and had some dinner before getting ready to go for a night out I wore this black lace dress from Topshop but opted for nude flats as my feet were aching from a full day of shopping. We went to Risa which had a room for house/chart music and upstairs a cheese music room which is of course where I spent most of my time singing to the oldies.




The next day we decided to just have a chilled day so we went and picked up some food from Asda and grabbed some pasta salads and walked to a park near Bekki's house and I even made friends with some squirrels I'd really love a pet squirrel one day they're just so cute although I may have to opt for a chipmunk!




It was a jeans and flats kinda day...


Look at this little guy posing for a photo looking all cute and innocent



Who dat? Who dat?









After wandering around the park we went back and watched Now You See Me mainly for Dave Franco and then had some pizza and watched Mortal Instruments which I love and wish they would make the second one already then we got ready for another night out. 

I had a lovely time away big thanks to Bekki for letting me stay, being the best host ever and planning the whole weekend also for letting me get into blogging mode!

Steph 

No comments:

Post a Comment