Sunday 22 June 2014

Ultraviolet Vamp Make Up Tutorial


I didn't really have a plan for this tutorial I was mainly inspired by these Estee Lauder quads I found with some beautiful purple shadows and the rest I just sort of improvised. This tutorial is going to create a deep purple toned almost bruised vamp look it can work well in summer with bronzed skin for a night look. 


Clean your skin of make up and apply a face primer with your fingers I'm using the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer this will help your foundation apply smoother and last longer.



As it's getting into summer I decided to switch up foundation in lieu of a tinted moisturiser as it will provide a lighter base for those warmer days I chose the Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser. I decided on this one as I had tried a sample last summer and loved it with SPF 20 it will help protect your skin against the sun too.



As you can see in the image above it looks the same consistency and colour of what your foundation would look like so adds a good coverage too, my shade is Porcelain. 



I have found it's best applying tinted moisturiser with a beauty blender I'm using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge which I love, you should wash your blender every 3 applications.



The sponge applies the tinted moisturiser flawlessly and really easily just dab and blend it onto your face, this moisturiser gives a dewy finish and warm glow to the face.



I'm using a full coverage concealer as I'm suffering with dark under eye circles and spots at the minute the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is my favourite to use.



I apply the concealer on what needs covering then blend it in using a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or you could use your ring finger.



For brows I'm going to use my favourite Benefit Brow Zings (I only use the wax part) and apply this with a sharp angled brush. 
I hit pan on it during this tutorial is it just me that gets really sad when that happens!





Just work in your natural brow shape and of course make sure both sides are equal!





Set the brows with a gel I'm using Benefit's Gimme Brow to keep the hairs in place.





Prime the eyes so that the eyeshadow will apply better and last longer I find that primers make a huge difference especially in photos, I'm using the Nars Eyeshadow Primer.



For the vampy look you'll need three eyeshadows, a light neutral for the base, a purple for the corner and crease and a darker purple for the corner and under eye. 



I'm going to use the light pink in this Estee Lauder eyeshadow quad for across the base, inner corners and brow bone.



I'm using the light purple which is the second colour across in another Estee Lauder quad I found.



Blend this colour in the corners and into the crease.



I then used the dark purple in the first Estee Lauder quad to blend into the corner to deepen the intensity of the colour.





Using the same dark purple colour I blended it under the bottom lash line and on top of the lashes using a angled brush.





I then added the Estee Lauder Black Kajal Eyeliner on the top and bottom waterline and blended it above the lashes this will add a further intensity to the eyes.





Curl your lashes then add mascara to the top and bottom lashes I'm using the Kate Moss Rimmel Mascara.





Now back to conceal the under eyes doing this after all your eye make up is finished will help create a more polished look.





Set with a powder I'm using MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish Natural which gives a glow to the skin and looks flawless in photos.





For glowing cheeks use a pink blusher I'm using Sleeks Rose Gold which is a peachy/pink with gold specks in it it's my all time favourite blusher as the gold gives a dewy glow when the light hits.







I'm using a cream highlighter for this look as the eye make up is dark i want to have glowing skin for summer, I'm using Benefit's High Beam which is my favourite pink highlighter. To apply add three dots on top of your cheekbone, one on your brow bone and one above your brows then blend with your finger.





To contour I'm using Nars Laguna bronzer which I find is a good match to give my fair skin a summer glow, using a blush brush I contour under my cheekbones and the outer edge of my face.



I decided to pair dark lips with this look to vamp it up I'm using Topshop's Lip Crayon in Vixen which is a deep matte burgundy red.





To add some shimmer to the lips I applied Revlon's Lip butter in Peach Parfait on top.













The Finished Look
I hope you like this 'Ultraviolet Vamp' look I love how the berry and bronze tones work so well with each other it's always fun to look through your winter make up and see what will still work in the summer. 
If there's a make up look you'd like me to do tweet me @stephgreenwoodx and follow me on Instagram @stephgreenwoodx 

No comments:

Post a Comment