Monday 30 June 2014

Let's Talk Scrubs


I think scrubs play a vital part of any beauty regime and I'm going to review a few that I've recently tried as summer has started its time to bare more skin than usual and we all want smooth skin to show off. Using a scrub a few times a week can really improve your skin by exfoliating and removing any dead skin cells and to soften tough skin pair this with a moisturiser afterwards for silky smooth skin to flaunt in the sun! 


First up is Soap&Glory's 'Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em' Body Buff this is one of my favourite body scrubs that I've used it smells of their 'Mist You Madly' scent and is really moisturising on the skin and isn't as coarse as their 'Smoothie Star' scrub. I find that this scrub works best as a scrub to use a couple times a week as if you keep exfoliating your skin this scrub will moisturise your skin well and have it smelling gorgeous whereas if you need a major exfoliating I would recommend 'Sugar Crush' or 'Smoothie Star'. 


I've recently been using the St Ives Apricot Scrub as a facial scrub but I find that the apricot scent far too overwhelming to the point where I feel as though I'm choking in the shower also the formula is far too harsh on the skin it feels as though I'm rubbing sand onto my face. The formula isn't very moisturising with average results though my skin feels smooth the cons outweigh it if anyone can recommend a good facial scrub tweet me @stephgreenwoodx



I tried a sample of the Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Mask/Cleanser although this isn't necessarily a scrub I feel as though it does the job of a scrub as this is a creamy formula it applies nicely. Although when it comes to washing away with water I feel it leaves my skin too squeaky clean the texture of my skin is similar to latex and I feel as though my skin has been stripped of moisture and natural oils leaving it dry and dehydrated, definitely not worth the money.



For the past few days I've been using one of my Soap&Glory samples this one is 'Scrub of your Life' and is in my opinion the perfect daily scrub it has a calming musky floral scent and is really moisturising this is a more gentle scrub which works better if you fake tan and for weekly use. I'm definitely going to repurchase the full size scrub and I feel a Soap&Glory haul is needed soon does anyone have any skincare/body products of theirs that they love? I'd love to know tweet me @stephgreenwoodx and follow me on Instagram @stephgreenwoodx to find out what I buy first!

No comments:

Post a Comment