Thursday 29 May 2014

Hydrangeas and Trendy Sandwiches


Me and my mum decided to do some mother/daughter bonding time as we haven't spent as much time together with me going to uni this year so we took a trip to Durham and had a look around the shops, I didn't see much except this white peter pan collared shirt from Jack Wills which I bought as it is perfect for summer.

We then went for lunch at a cafe that we found last year called 'Flat White' which is tucked down an alley way on the high street you'll notice it from all the uni students outside as it's a hotspot for them. The interior is very make shift vintage which I love with books tucked in corners and church seats with old-fashioned sewing machines with a table top used as tables and chairs. The menu is limited but the food is really good quality and you get a lot I got a San Pellegrino lemonade and tuna, cucumber and sweet chilli open sandwich and my mum got an americano and wensleydale cheese and mango chutney sandwich.









Tuna, cucumber and sweet chilli open sandwich





The meal was lovely and we were both so full although when I saw the one slice of bread with the filling on top I was slightly confused but I figure this is just the trendy new way of having a sandwich, I had a small red pot with the sweet chilli sauce which I poured on top. The place is a really comfortable atmosphere with tasty food full of flavour and the price is friendly for students too!



A picturesque view of Durham bridge and river with the rowing boats below



My mum has bought some Hydrangeas for gardening season so she said she needed to get some special feed for them so we went to a garden centre called 'Horns' which I've been going to since I was little there's a pond with lots of ducks in that you can feed, pheasants that wonder around and lots of beautiful flowers to see.





The ducks are really friendly and were just sat in front of the cars the owner lives in a bungalow just across from it and landscaped his garden so that customers can come and enjoy it walking across the bridge and feeding the ducks.








Some cute but noisy budgies 













How beautiful are all these flowers?!



It made me so sad to leave this cute duck, it just kept drifting to sleep aww!







Just when we were about to leave this cheeky duck went and attacked the one that was peacefully swimming along! 

No comments:

Post a Comment