Thursday 1 May 2014

Delicious Berry Smoothie Recipe Without a Blender!


The end product!

To make this berry smoothie the ingredients you will need are:
  • 1 cup of raspberries
  • 1 cup of blueberries
  • Half an orange
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of yoghurt 
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 tablespoon of sugar
To begin with wash the raspberries and blueberries under some cold water then peel and cut up the banana into small slices, image below.



I added the raspberries and blueberries into a jug and began to mash them with a wooden spoon until the fruits broke down then I added the berries into a clear food bag along with the banana slices and orange segments. 



I doubled the food bag up so none of the smoothie mixture would get out then I used a plastic masher to grind the fruits down this takes roughly 5 minutes after that was done I poured the smoothie mixture into the jug i was using earlier and scooped out any pieces that were too thick to break down. I then added 1 cup of yoghurt and stirred it in with the mixture I chose an organic bio-live yoghurt with coconut. 



I then added 1 cup of milk and stirred it in with the mixture this made the smoothie much more smooth and added 1 tablespoon of sugar just to sweeten the smoothie but you can always leave the sugar out to make it more healthy. I then sieved the mixture into a glass to prevent any chunky pieces of fruit going in you may want to use a spoon to guide the smoothie mix through the sieve. Try this recipe for an alternative healthy snack, with this smoothie being delicious and good for you it ticks all the boxes! Of course you can add your own ingredients to mix it up or add different fruits that suit you best, a versatile and easy recipe to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment