Sunday 8 September 2013

Aveda Exfoliating Shampoo and Thickening Conditioner

I tested out the 'Aveda Invati Exfoliating Shampoo and Thickening Conditioner' as i received samples of them as I'm always welcoming to testing out new hair products my first impression was that the packaging that these were presented in were quite spa-like and seemed to have the 'organic' and inviting colours.

Here are the samples

Surprisingly the texture of the shampoo was a thin liquid and i felt that as i was massaging it into my scalp there seemed to be little foam being created so it was difficult to try and get my hair fully coated in the product. I also felt that the texture was drying on my hair compared to many other shampoo brands that I've used on the other hand the conditioner was a much thicker texture and coated my hair wonderfully. 

Texture of the conditioner

Texture of the shampoo

The product had a more subdued smell to it and smelled of earth spa treatments (if that makes any sense) it wasn't a smell that I would rave about so i was glad that it was less noticeable as i prefer sweeter smelling hair products. After i finished my normal hair routine (and spraying some Aussie leave in conditioner as I was worried that my hair might be on the dryer side after the shampoo) i found that my hair looked (colour-wise) a lot lighter and heavier in weight although it was still in a really good conditioner and as i curled my hair it made my curls stand out much more I think the conditioner is to thank here. 3/5 stars review






No comments:

Post a Comment